OKCon 2013 Call for Proposals – out now!
- Event. OKCon 2013 – 17th-18th September 2013, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Call for Proposals. Find the call, FAQs and the submission form on the OKCon 2013 Call for Proposal webpage.
- Deadline. The deadline to submit your proposals is May 24th, 23:59:59 GMT. Results will be published by 17th June, 23:59:59 GMT.
- Tickets. Early Bird tickets are on sale until 23rd June!
Following the announcement of the dates for this year’s Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon), the Open Knowledge Foundation has been asked by many people from its community how they can get involved. In collaboration with the Open Knowledge Foundation, Lift is now glad to give you the news: the Call for Proposals is launched today!
OKCon 2013 will be an intense 2-day event (taking place on 17th-18th September in Geneva, Switzerland). Its programme will be curated in part directly by the organisers, nominating Invited Speakers, and partly together with you thanks to your proposals.
The Open Knowledge Foundation has identified six specific topics to discuss and explore on this year’s theme of Open Data – Broad, Deep, Connected which we hope will inspire and excite you as much as it does us:
- Open Data, Government and Governance
- Open Development and Sustainability
- Open Science and Research
- Open Culture
- Technology, Tools and Business
- Evidence and Stories
The Open Knowledge Foundation has compiled a how-to guide, with FAQs and the submission form – please find them all on the OKCon 2013 Call for Proposal webpage. The Open Knowledge Foundation and Lift are looking forward to your ideas!
The Call for Proposals starts today (7th May) and ends on 24th May, at 23:59:59 GMT. Read all about OKCon’s Call for Proposals and more on the conference website.