Creating and retaining value through coin offerings: from whitepaper to delivery
At Lift16, we opened the conference with Joseph Lubin, co-founder of Ethereum with a session dedicated to Blockchain Applications Beyond the Financial Sector. Two years later, blockchain is a mainstream topic and ICOs have attracted much attention for the potential to building a community, reaching out to investors, and accelerating product development.
Beyond the buzz and the hype, we are organizing an event where we will discuss and explore subject of concerns and interests around the potentials and pitfalls that are offered by ICOs: how to navigate in a fast moving environment? Why consider an ICO for your business development? What are the key challenges and opportunities when tapping into crowdsales? How to build a real community with real engagement and support from believers? Post-funding, how to deliver on the technology and business promises? What are the profile of ICO investors?
Since blockchain applications touch many sectors, we have invited Swiss-based startups from different fields and levels of progress, in Payment, Digital ID and VR/AR to share their experience in preparing and running an ICO. These are all companies that have built a product and are looking at ICO to accelerate their development.
- SonoCoin is a digitally encrypted audio file that operates on a proprietary blockchain system, using the Proof-of-Stake (PoS) protocol to verify transactions. The SonoCoin audio file is a sound interpretation of a code that can be recognized and recorded by any device that reproduces sound. The SonoCoin solution is similar to Bitcoin’s peer-to-peer value transfer, with an improved and more user-friendly platform similar to PayPal.
- Apelab: the well-known Geneva-based startup has created a tool to help optimise your virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications without coding. They are using blockchain technology for their SpatialStories platform and are also currently preparing their ICO.
- Valid: With Valid, users are able to authenticate online and to safeguard their personal data thanks to state-of-the-art encryption. Furthermore, users can proactively share anonymized data, thus enabling the creation of target audience filters on the VALID platform for digital advertisers. In return, users receive timely, relevant marketing and are rewarded in VALID tokens. Valid has recently raised 10.73M $ in their ICO.
- Proxeus: The transition to blockchain-based workflows and tokenized economies will change how business functions. By making blockchain accessible to the average user, Proxeus will enable previously paper-bound, traditionalist businesses to easily digitize and adopt new blockchain-based business models. In turn, this will lead to significant speed gains and reduction of administrative costs. In essence, all processes involving manual verification or copy-pastes - and the considerable costs associated with them - will be seamlessly phased out.
Abir Oreibi, CEO, Lift
Grégoire Notz, Executive Director, Notz Stucki Group, Investor & Entrepreneur
Leonid Afanasyev, Founder, SonoCoin
Emilie Joly, Co-Founder & CEO, Apelab
Alexandre Gaillard, CEO, InvestGlass
Yves-Alain Petitjean, Co-Founder & CFO, Valid
Michael Kleiner, Economic Development Officer, Genève - Développement économique, recherche et innovation
Mathieu Amsler, Business Development, Proxeus
About the event
- In collaboration with SonoCoin
- Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
- Time: 6.00pm - 8.30pm
- Location: Flux Laboratory, Rue Jacques-Dalphin 10, 1227 Carouge
- On-site demos from SonoCoin & Apelab
- The event will be in English
- The event is free of charge but has very limited spots available for our community.
- 5.30pm: Doors opening
- 6.05pm: Welcome and Introduction, Abir Oreibi
- 6.10pm: Canton Geneva ICO Guide, Michael Kleiner
- 6.20pm: Reglulatory & Fiancial context, Gregoire Notz
- 6.35pm: Sharing Valid ICO experience and learnings, Yves-Alain Petitjean
- 6.50pm: Proxeus Post-ICO, Mathieu Amsler
- 7.05pm: Spatial Stories project, Emilie Joly
- 7.20pm: Sonocoin project, Leonid Afanasyev
- 7.35pm: Panel with Yves-Alain Petitjean (Valid), Emilie Joly (Apelab) and Leonid Afanasyev (SonoCoin) moderated by Alexandre Gaillard (InvestGlass)
- 7.55pm: Art performance by Flux Laboratory
- 8.00pm: Networking Cocktail
Registrations are now closed.